Pheasant Glen to Resume Members Golf Starting April 8thPheasant Glen
Dear Members and Friends of Pheasant Glen,
We continue to monitor the affect of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on our communities. The protocols we have implemented in order to keep our facility clean and safe for our members, guests and employees are fully compliant with the Provincial Health Officer’s Orders.
But we can’t do this alone. Everyone is responsible for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and helping to flatten the curve. Below are the measures that we will be taking to keep our facilities safe, as well as our expectations for guests using the facilities.
Steps we are taking to reduce the potential spread of the virus:
- The Golf Shop and Food and Beverage buildings will remain CLOSED except for one employee in the Golf Shop
- Allowing only one rider on power carts
- No club rentals
- Increasing the gap between tee times (12 minutes)
- Only allowing golfers to arrive at the course 20 minutes before their tee time
- Having a player’s assistant tour the golf course to make sure players are practicing social distancing
- Turning cups upside down and lifting one inch above ground so that golfers don’t remove flagsticks or reach into the cup to retrieve their ball
- Removing bunker rakes and ball washing stations around the course
- Closing the driving range, putting green and chipping areas
- Increasing sanitation in public spaces and commonly touched areas
- Limiting the number of staff working on site
- Educating staff on effective hand washing techniques
- Guest green fees and carts are to be paid in advance by one person in the group with a credit card over the phone, the rest of the group can e-transfer their fee to the person paying
Our expectations of our guests are as follows:
- Stay at home if you or anyone in your household have any symptoms of COVID-19
- Stay at home if you have traveled within the last 14 days
- Each group must have a Group Captain. Each Captain will be responsible for booking the group. Captains will also be responsible for attesting to personal knowledge that each member of the group has adhered to Social Distancing policies and course protocols
- Group Captain will communicate at the Golf Shop window that their group is there and ready to play
- Practice physical distancing by staying a minimum of 8 feet away from other people at all times
- Leave the pin in while putting
- Do not shake hands or high five to celebrate
- Do not loiter in the parking lot before or after your round
- Do not enter any buildings except bathrooms
- Only one person in bathrooms at a time
Anyone that does not comply with these protocols will be instructed to leave Pheasant Glen property immediately and will not be allowed back until this pandemic has officially passed and government social distancing restrictions lifted.
Starting May 24th, we are offering Complimentary Golf to Healthcare Workers only between 11:00am and 2:00pm on Sundays. ID or credentials will have to be shown at time of checking in. Guests playing with them, but not in the healthcare industry, will be offered the Guest of Member rate. READ MORE
We are addressing the challenging circumstances that we are currently facing IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING pursuant to the notice of the office of the Chief Medical Officer of British Columbia.
We will continue to monitor the risks associated with COVID-19 on a daily basis and we will adjust our precautionary procedures as dictated by the Office of BC’s Chief Medical Officer.
Rules may change. Changes will be posted.
Pheasant Glen Golf Resort
Management and Ownership