Vote for Pheasant Glen in Small Business BC AwardsPheasant Glen
Pheasant Glen Golf Resort is honoured to be nominated for BC’s Small Business Awards, and we would appreciate your vote!
Small Business BC is celebrating small businesses in its 18th Annual Small Business BC Awards, honouring businesses operators that have faced the challenges of running a successful business while supporting their community during the pandemic.
Members of the public are encouraged to show their support by voting for the business of their choice.
Pheasant Glen has been nominated in 2 categories:
- Best Community Impact (Awarded by Small Business BC)
- Premier’s People’s Choice (Awarded by Province of British Columbia)
These awards recognize small businesses that play an essential role in the overall health and vibrancy of our communities and local economies, and that have shown resilience during a year full of extraordinary challenges.
How has Pheasant Glen continued to operate and support our communities in 2020? Here are some highlights:
- We adapted quickly to develop health protocols and guidelines for golf courses, enabling golf to continue under ever-changing restrictions. Our guidelines were approved by the Health Authority and we shared our protocols with other golf courses through informative videos regarding social distancing and other safe golf practices.
- We launched a new website, Friends of Canadian Golf, as a platform for golfers and the golfing industry across Canada, as a tool to promote golf as a safe way to socially distance and petition authorities to allow British Columbia’s to play the great game of golf during the pandemic.
- We offered a complimentary golf for healthcare workers and essential workers providing a great outlet for frontline workers to get fresh air, unwind and relax, play the game, and alleviate stress. Healthcare workers and other essential workers had their own time to play. Only frontline workers were allowed to play golf during those times. We received many appreciative comments from local frontline workers who participated.
- We changed our Junior Academy program protocols to enable our youth to continue to have this outlet and continue to learn and progress.
- We made the decision to remain open under ever-changing protocols, and kept our staff working. We also hired local contractors who worked at ongoing development projects.
If you would like to show your support for Pheasant Glen, we encourage you to vote! Once a small business is nominated, they must gain as many public votes as possible for their business.
Thank you in advance for your support!