Pheasant Glen has reached its maximum number of active memberships for the 2021 season. We now have a wait list. Potential new members are required to pay 50% of the $1,000.00 (single), or $1,500.00 (couple) non-refundable Initiation Fee to be put on the wait list. This initial payment is refundable should you change your mind before your name(s) comes up for an active spot. When your name(s) comes up, you will be required to pay the remaining balance of the Initiation Fee. Once the Initiation Fee is paid in full it is not refundable. Each member has a choice annually of either a nine or twelve-month playing membership. Memberships run the calendar year and are renewable January 1st of each season. Members choosing the nine-month option can choose which nine months in succession they would like to be active.
Annual dues are payable in full or can be paid monthly subject to a monthly admin fee.
All annual memberships are based on individuals joining and include unlimited use of our driving range when active. Once a member has decided category of membership and payment of these annual dues has been made, the annual playing membership will commence. Memberships are subject to gst.
The fiscal year of Pheasant Glen Golf Club runs from January 1 to December 31. Annual Dues for members are emailed out prior to December 31st of the previous year and are due in full on January 2nd, or can be paid monthly subject to a service charge. The non-payment of Annual Dues is cause for the cancellation of a membership.
The stated goal of the Ownership and Management is to provide a high quality golf experience for members and non-members alike, and to do so at a reasonable cost that is in keeping with the conditions of the current local market. To bring value to owning a membership in Pheasant Glen Golf Club is paramount in the business plan.
Membership permits one to amortize monthly the cost of golf over the duration of their category of choice, thereby reducing the costs per game over green fee play. We offer a driving range, putting green and a short game area that members can have unlimited access to either warm up prior to a game or to just come out and work on a few things.
Members of Pheasant Glen Golf Club enjoy the fellowship of golfing with peers, in an environment where they are both known and comfortable. The Staff at Pheasant Glen take pride in knowing members by name, delivering a high level of service, and ensuring that all golfers enjoy a memorable golfing experience.
- Unlimited use of driving range facilities year round
- 7 day advance tee time booking
- Use of a pull cart
- Eligible to play in member events
- Eligible to join the Men’s or Women’s Clubs
- Golf Canada membership with computerized handicapping service
- Guests play at reduced green fee rate
- Reciprocal rates at other Vancouver Island golf courses
- 10% discount on select regular priced items in the Golf Shop
- Discounted rates on annual use and golf car rides
Member Event Calendar
Saturday June 26th, Sunday June 27th
Pheasant Glen Open
Saturday July 17th, Sunday July 18th
Members Mixed Events:
- Open to Members and their spouse (significant Other/guest)
- Entry fee includes dinner and prizes
- Entry fee for non-members will include a discounted green fee
- Women will play from green tees and men will play from the silver tees
- While the emphasis will be on net prizes, there will be some gross prizes
- Handicaps will be determined based on the format and determined by scoring committee
- Prizes will be awarded for closest to the hole for women and men on both nines
- Open to all Members with current registered handicaps
- Women will compete for the Donna Dutton Cup and men will compete for the W.R. Dutton Cup
- This is a match play event using full handicaps.
- Open to all Members with current registered handicaps
- Scheduled for late August each year
- Entries will be received in the Golf Shop up until the Thursday before the tournament
- Any questions as to procedure will be decided by the Golf Professional
- Women will compete for the Women’s Club Championship and men for the Men’s Club Championship on a gross score format
- Contestants wishing to compete for the low gross award will play from the black tees for men, and the gold tees for women
- All competitors will be placed in flights of equal size based on the number of registrants and the handicap spread
- The respective low gross scores will be named Club Champions – prizes will be awarded for the low gross and runners-up
- Flight prizes will be distributed on a net score basis
- Following play of the final round, there will be a dinner followed by the presentation of prizes
Event Cancellation Guideline
Should a scheduled event be cancelled after members have paid their entry fees, the following actions shall be taken under the following circumstances:
- Cancellation of an event 3 days or less prior to the scheduled date due to the golf course being unplayable:
- The after-event dinner shall go on as planned and all available awards money shall be distributed as door prizes during the evening. Although the event itself is cancelled, no refunds shall be provided as the restaurant would be placed in the position of having committed for staff scheduling and dinner supplies already ordered.
- Cancellation of an event 4 or more days prior to the scheduled event:
- All entry fees will be refunded to members and the event will either be cancelled or re-scheduled.
- When a significant number of players decide not to play on the day of the event because of inclement weather or some other reason:
- Should less than 50% of the entrants finish the round, the dinner shall go on as planned and all prize money shall be awarded as door prizes.
- Should 50% or more of the entrants finish the round, the event and dinner will continue as planned.