October 26, 2021
Update on Pheasant Glen Rezoning Bylaw
The Town of Qualicum Beach has advised us that the Rezoning Bylaw will be considered for adoption at the next meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 27.
We are very grateful for your continued support, and encourage you to once again send your message to let Council members know that you believe the resort is important to the community of Qualicum Beach.
October 4, 2021
Open Letter to Members of Pheasant Glen and the Community of Qualicum Beach
I write to you with great anticipation and hope as we approach a vote by the Town of Qualicum Beach this Wednesday, October 6 [now Oct. 27] to adopt the Pheasant Glen Resort bylaw. This is the final adoption vote that would make a resort at Pheasant Glen a viable vibrant reality.
We bought the golf course in 1996, and this year we celebrate our 25th Anniversary. Pheasant Glen has attracted multiple championship tournaments, raised up the next generation of golfers through our junior programs, and helped attract tourists to our town. Today, four generations of our family live right here in Qualicum Beach.
We are now excited to build on this legacy. If the bylaw is adopted at the meeting of Qualicum Beach Town Council this Wednesday, we will build:
- A 40 room Hotel/Lodge owned and operated by Pheasant Glen as daily, weekly rentals in peak season and monthly rentals in off-season
- A new Clubhouse with banquet seating for 150 and a Restaurant/Brewery Pub
- 80-85 Stacked condominium units
- 70-75 Villas 2500 sq. ft.
- 25-30 Cottages 1200 sq ft.
- 6,000 sq. ft. of amenity facilities
- Trails and Quarry Gardens
All 185 Villas, Cottages and Condo units will be registered in a Resort Managed Rental pool. The Hotel, Brew Pub/Taphouse, restaurant, and banquet facilities will be available year-round for Weddings, Anniversaries and other community activities and celebrations.
I hope that the Council votes to adopt our application. The benefits to the community will include the new amenities of the resort and a significant positive economic impact on our local economy, including:
- $80-90 million spent in construction
- $4.5 million in development charges paid to the town
- $450,000 of affordable housing
- $1.5 million a year in increased tax revenue
I want to extend my deepest gratitude to all our members past and present, the community, and golfers from near and far for their support over the last 25 years. It has been a great adventure and I hope we get the opportunity to continue working with the community to build a first-rate destination golf resort in Qualicum Beach.
Pheasant Glen Golf Resort